In this topic, we described about the below sections -
Python is high level, interactive, interpreted, general purpose, well-known scripting and powerful programming language. Python supports object-oriented approach for application development. Python is widely used for software development, system scripting and web development (server side).
Python was created by Guido van Rossum in 1991 and the python software foundation was developed further.
Python has a cost-effective high-level data structures, simple and extremely useful approach to object-oriented programming. Python’s dynamic typing, simple syntax and its construed nature, make it an ideal language for scripting and rapid application development in many areas on most platforms.
Python is a cross-platform programming language that can run on multiple platforms like Windows, macOS, Linux, and can be ported to the Java and .NET virtual machines.
Python supports object-oriented, functional/procedural and imperative programming patterns.
Python is known as multipurpose programming language because it can be used with web, enterprise, 3D CAD, etc.
Python is designed with an importance on code readability, that lets us work as quickly as and integrate systems more effectively.
In python language there are two major python versions - Python 2 and python 3 these two pythons are quite distinct.
- Python language has quite easy or simple syntax like the English language. It allows developer write very less code when compared to other programming languages coding.
- Python operates on different operating system platforms like Windows, Mac, Raspberry Pi, Linux, etc.
- Python runs on an interpreter system, means the code executes as soon as it is written. This supports very quicker prototyping.
- Python language supports an object-orientated, functional or procedural programming approach.
What can we do with Python?
Python supports cross-platform operating systems. So, these cross-platform operating systems makes applications development/enhancement more comfortable.
- Web development – Python provides libraries to manage internet protocols like JSON, XML and HTML Feedparser, request, Email processing, beautiful Soup, etc. Python also provides frameworks like Flask, Django, Pyramid etc. to design and develop web-based applications. These frameworks support us creating server-side coding, backend programming logic, mapping URLs, manage database and so on.
- Machine learning – There are a lot of machine learning applications are written in python. It is a way to write a logic that a machine can understand and solve a problem on its own. For example, products recommendation in websites such as eBay, Amazon, Flipkart, etc. is a machine learning algorithm that recognises consumer's interest and another example of machine learning is Voice recognition and Face recognition in your mobile phone.
- Data Analysis – Data analysis and data visualisation in form of charts can also be developed using Python. Python used for handling big data and can perform difficult mathematics operations.
- Scripting – Scripting is writing small programs to automate easy tasks such as delivering automated response emails etc. Such type of automations can also be written using Python programming language.
- Game development – Python used to develop the games. We can also develop the embedded applications.
- Desktop applications – Using library like QT or TKinter in Python language, we can develop desktop application.
- Workflows – Python used as a together with software to create workflows.
- Connect to Database – Python used to connect the database to read and modify files.
- Software Development – Python used for quick prototyping and/or software development.