In this topic, we described about the below sections -
What is Retrospective Meeting?
This is a final meeting in the Sprint to discuss what went well and what did not go as expected. Based on this, lessons learnt the team can improve their performance better as they would be knowing the flaws of the last sprint. It is a great opportunity for the entire team to focus on the overall performance and identify strategies for areas of improvement on their processes.
Purpose of Retrospective Meeting
- Combine the learnings from the last Sprint, with regards to people, relationships, process, and tools.
- Identify the major items that went well and potential improvements.
- Creation of a plan for implementing improvements to increase product quality.
Retrospective Meeting would be conducted with an intention to reflect on the most recent sprint/milestone and identifying the areas that would need improvement and celebrate the team's wins.
This would give a clear picture on the areas of improvement and where the team should improve in the next sprint. The Scrum Master would make sure that the event takes place and that the participants would understand its purpose. This would be an opportunity for the scrum team to improve and all the team members should attend it.
What team discusses in Retrospective Meeting
During the Sprint Retrospective Meeting, the team would discuss on -
- What went well in the sprint.
- What could be improved.
- What would we commit to improve in the next sprint?
The Scrum Master would encourage the team to improve its development process and practices in order to make it more effective for the next sprint.During every Retrospective meeting, the Scrum team would plan ways to increase the product quality by improving work processes.
By the end of every Sprint Retrospective, the Scrum Team should have identified improvements that it is going to implement in the next sprint. Implementing this in the next sprint would be the adaptation to inspection of the scrum team itself. Though the improvements would be implemented at any time, the sprint Retrospective would provide an opportunity to focus on the Inspection and adaptation.
Retrospective Meeting steps
Every Retrospective Meeting would have the following steps included -
- Set stage - Organize meeting- Meeting would be set up by the facilitator and a meeting request would be sent to all the team members and stakeholders:
- Gather Data - As the meeting starts, all the ideas, opinions, concerns of the team would be gathered. This would be done through various agile retrospective activities such as start, stop, and continue.
- Generate Insights - Once the data is gathered, meaningful analytics would be identified and gathered, and patterns would be created. The main idea is to identify trends and resolve them.
- Create Actions - Once the issues that are underlying have been identified, action points would be created to resolve them by the due date.
- Wrap Up - The team should be thanked for their time and for their participation. It must be made sure that the meeting discussion and action points are documented and circulated to the team members for easy reference.