In this topic, we described about the below sections -
What is Agile Software Development?
Agile style of software development would refer to the software development process which would stress on the team collaboration, incremental delivery, continual learning, and continual planning rather than trying to deliver all at once at the end.
Agile would focus on creating minimum viable products and process lean which would go through several iterations before finalizing anything. Feedback would be gathered and implemented continuously. More than anything, it is a dynamic process in which everyone would be working collaboratively together towards one goal.
Agile software development is a set of things that are nothing but frameworks such as Scrum, Extreme Programming or Feature-Driven Development (FDD).
Agile software development is nothing but practices such as pair programming, test-driven development, stand-ups, planning sessions and sprints.
Scrum and other leading Agile methods
Agile software development would be more than frameworks such as Scrum, feature Driven development, Extreme programming. It is much more than practices such as stand-ups, sprints, planning sessions, pair programming, test-driven development. It is an umbrella term for a set of frameworks and practices based on the principles and values expressed in Agile manifesto for Software Development.
Agile Manifesto would contain 12 principles on which software development approach would be dependent on. These principles would be used to figure out the right things to be performed in a specified context. Agile would differ from other approaches of software development is that focus would be on people doing the work and how they work together in a collaborative way.
Agile Software Development would focus mainly on self-organizing teams and Collaboration which means that teams would have an idea on how to approach the things on their own without any dependency. Teams are Cross functional and team members do not have any specific roles assigned to them. The only thing is a right skill set should be there for the team members.
Managers would make sure that his team members are having right skill set. They provide the environment which allows the team to be successful. Managers would allow the team members to resolve the issues on their own. However, they would step in if the team members are unable to resolve the issues.
Practices are most focused by the Organizations and team members before starting the Agile software development which would help in collaboration and organization of the work.
Now, let us discuss about the core principles on which the Agile software is dependent on -
Agile Manifesto has outlined 12 core principles on which the Agile development process works on. They are -
- Customer satisfaction through continuous and early delivery of work.
- Breaking down bigger tasks to smaller parts which can be completed soon.
- Recognizing the best works would emerge from self organized teams.
- Motivated individuals would be provided with environment and support which they need and would be trusted in order to get the job done.
- Process creation which promotes sustainable efforts.
- Maintaining a constant pace for the work that is completed.
- Changing requirements would be welcomed even late in the project.
- Project team and Business owners would be gathered on a daily basis throughout the project.
- Team should be reflected at regular intervals on becoming more effective, adjust the behavior and then tune accordingly.
- Measuring the progress of work that is completed.
- Seeking excellence continuously.
- Harness change for a competitive advantage.