In this topic, we described about the below sections -
The currency and valuation profile used to decide which valuation approaches uses to manage in the system. The system can be managed by a maximum of three valuation approaches in two currencies in parallel.
All valuation approaches that maintained in the currency and valuation profile must also be managed accordingly in the material ledger. The profit center valuation can be executed if you are using Profit Center Accounting.
Once the currency and valuation profile is defined, it must be assigned to a controlling area. The following rules must consider when we maintain the currency and valuation profiles.
- Managing the company code currency in legal valuation is mandatory.
- We can always can manage two additional valuation approaches –
- In valuation, select among (1) group valuation and (2) profit center valuation.
- In the currency, select among company code currency (10) and group currency (30).
Define Currency and Valuation Profile -
Below process is to define currency and valuation profile TCVP (Test Currency and Valuation Profile).
Step-1: - Enter the transaction code 8KEM in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Enter the transaction code SPRO in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Click on SAP Reference IMG.
Expand SAP Customizing Implementation Guide → Controlling → General Controlling → Multiple Valuation Approaches/Transfer Prices → Basic Settings → Maintain Currency and Valuation Profile . Click on Execute.
Step-2: - In the next screen, Click on New Entries.
Step-3: - In the next screen, enter the below details.
- C+V Prof. -- Specify 4-digit alphanumeric code.
- Text -- Specify Description
Step-4: - Click on Save button to save the changes.
Step-5: - It prompt for the Change Request. Create/Select the change request and Click on right mark to proceed.
Step-6: - Status bar displays the below message once the currency and valuation profile defined successfully.
Technical details -
- Transaction: 8KEM
- Menu Path: SPRO → SAP Reference IMG → SAP Customizing Implementation Guide → Controlling → General Controlling → Multiple Valuation Approaches/Transfer Prices → Basic Settings → Maintain Currency and Valuation Profile