In this topic, we described about the selenium features in detail.
Below are some of the selenium features -
- Selenium is open-source and there is no licensing cost involved and widely used by different companies.
- Selenium offers a playback and record feature for authoring tests without learning a test scripting language.
- It supports test scripts in any of these programming languages - Java, Python, C#, PHP, Ruby, Perl & .Net.
- Selenium Supports various OS such as Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, Mac, Solaris.
- Compatible with various Browsers such as Google chrome, Mozilla, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, Opera, Safari etc.
- Selenium can be integrated with Ant and Maven to complete Continuous Testing.
- Selenium supports to integrate with tools such as TestNG & JUnit for managing test cases and generating reports.
- Selenium requires fewer resources when compared to other Automation tools.
- Selenium commands are categorized in terms of different classes which make it easier to understand and implement.
- Selenium supports parallel testing which reduces time and increases efficiency of tests.
- Selenium considered as a leading cloud-based platform for testing which helps testers to record their actions and export them as a re-usable script with a simple understandable and easy to use interface.
- Selenium automation test cases are reusable and can be tested across multiple browsers and different operating systems.
- Test management is important in testing lifecycle. It becomes easier and more efficient with regrouping and refactoring (selenium feature) of test cases. This helps developers and testers to add changes to their code quickly which reduces duplication, minimizing complications and improving maintainability.
- Selenium uses less hardware when compared with other vendor focused automation tools like QTP, UFT, SilkTest.
- learning selenium is very easy when compared to other tools as it supports various programming languages.
- As Selenium is supported by a community and they are constantly releasing constant updates and upgrades.
- Selenium web driver does not need server installation, test scripts relate directly with the browser.
- Selenium commands are classified in terms of different classes to make them easier to understand and implement.