In this topic, we described about the Features in detail.
Some important features of SQL are shown below -
- Flexibility - SQL Supports flexibility that it can create new tables and delete or modify the existing data easily.
- Robust - SQL is Robust that it can deals with massive data and Operates arithmetic transactions on database.
- High Performance - performance is depending upon Less response time and More end users. SQL Supports high performance it deals with multiple users on database to fetch data within less time.
- High Availability - Different RDBMS like MySQL, Oracle, MS Access used different dialects as T-SQL, PL/SQL, JET SQL etc. All these RDMS using SQL as the standard database query language.
- High Security - SQL give access permission to user and it take back permission from user on tables, procedures, views. Hence data is highly secured.
- Open Source - SQL is open source language. Everyone can use SQL for database management with free of cost.
- Data Management - some common standard SQL commands like create, update, drop, insert, and delete are used in different RDMS to manage massive amount of data.
- Broad Application Enhancement - Many programmers used SQL to retrieve data from database. Even small or large industries also used SQL.
- Portability - SQL supports portability that data from database can moved wherever we want.
- Longevity - SQL Supports longevity that it supports long life.
- Decreased dependence - SQL has many versions that it decreases the dependence on one particular vendor.
- Client/server architecture - SQL have various commands that the client applications can interact with database over a network to maintain many to one relationship.