In this topic, we described about the HTML Introduction in detail.
Hyper Text Markup Language commonly referred to as HTML. HTML is the standard markup language which is widely used to create/develop web pages. The HTML language is written in the form of HTML elements consisting of tags enclosed in angle brackets (ex: <html>).
HTML coding contains simple text that added in tags enclosed in angle brackets (ex: <html>). So the coding can be done in simple notepad files. Web browsers will read HTML files and convert them into visible or audible web pages.
HTML defines the structure of a web page by making it a markup language rather than a programming language. HTML elements used to form the building blocks of web pages.
HTML can embed with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to define the appearance and layout of text etc. The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) which is a maintainer of both the HTML and the CSS standards has encouraged the use of CSS over explicit presentational HTML since 1997.
HTML Latest Versions?
- HTML was developed by Berners-Lee.
- The first publicly available description of HTML first mentioned on the Internet in late 1991.
- HTML 2.0 published on 1995 after the HTML and HTML+ drafts expired in early 1994.
- The HTML 2.0 is the first HTML specification intended development.
- HTML 4.01 was published in late 1999, with further errata published through 2001.
- 5 version which is an extension to HTML 4.01, and this version was published in 2012.