In this topic, we described about the XHTML in detail.
XHTML stands for EXtensible HyperText Markup Language. XHTML is a family of XML markup languages that extend versions of the widely used Hypertext Markup. Developed by World Wide Web Consortium.
XHTML is almost equal to HTML. The Extensions it supports .xhtml, .xht, .xml, .html, .htm. XHTML is stricter than HTML. XHTML is HTML defined as an XML application.
XHTML is supported by all most all browsers. By combining the strengths of HTML and XML, XHTML was developed. XHTML is HTML redesigned as XML. The Most Important Differences from HTML:
Document Structure Mandatory items
- XHTML DOCTYPE
- The xmlns attribute in <html>
- <html>, <head>, <title>, and <body>
- XHTML elements need be properly nested
- XHTML elements need always be closed
- XHTML elements need be in lowercase
- XHTML documents need have one root element
- Attribute names need be in lower case
- Attribute values need be quoted
- Attribute minimization is forbidden