In this topic, we described about the below sections -
Business add-in (BADI) is a source plug-in provides enhancements to the standard version of the system. The enhancement technique uses the object-oriented method.
BADI accommodate specific user requirements involved in standard delivery of the business process. These are customer specific and not provided by standard code in SAP.
BADI provides a mechanism to change the functionality of a well-defined business function without making changes to the delivered source code. BADI implementations are classes that implement the BADI interface.
BADI is the enhancement to add some additional functionality to the existing application program by the SAP programmer or user. A customised or standard logic to enhance the SAP system functionality. BADI should be defined to create an interface and implemented by one or more classes to enhance the SAP application.
- BADI can be implemented any number of times
- BADI doesn’t affect the functionality even it upgrades.
There are two types BADIs in SAP.
- Standard BADI – The standard Add-ins already predefined in the system.
- User defined BADI - The Add-in is created by programmer as per the business requirement.
Standard BADI’s -
- The interface and adapter class are predefined by SAP.
- The adapter class that implements the interface and provides the interface for implementation by the customer, partner specific to business.
User defined BADI’s -
- Defining Business Add-In creates an interface for the add-in.
- Enhancement management creates an adapter class that implements the interface.
- The programmer or developer creates an instance of the adapter class in the application program.