In this topic, we described about the Document Reversal process along with technical information.
Incorrect document entry can be reversed and can also clear the open items. A document can only be reversed if -
- It contains no cleared items.
- It contains only customer, vendor and G/L account items.
- It was posted with Financial Accounting.
- All entered values such as business area, cost center and tax code are still valid.
Reverse a Document: -
Below process is to reverse the already posted document 100000004.
Step-1: Click on SAP Menu → Accounting → Financial Accounting → General Ledger → Document → Reverse → FB08 – Individual Reversal.
Enter the transaction code FB08 in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Step-2: In the next screen, enter the below details.
- Document number of the Document to be reversed.
- Company code of the Document posting.
- Fiscal Year for the Posting.
- Reversal Code (Reason for Reversal).
- Posting date Or Posting period.
Step-3: Check the document by pressing Display before reversal.
Step-4: Check the document.
Step-5: Move back to previous screen and then press Save from the Standard toolbar.
Step-6: Check the status bar for the generated reversal document number.
Technical Information: -
- Transaction Code: - FB08
- Navigation path: - SAP Menu → Accounting → Financial Accounting → General Ledger → Document → Reverse → FB08 – Individual Reversal