In this topic, we described about the Financial Management Area and Create FM Area along with technical information.
The financial management area is an organizational unit within accounting. The financial management area structures the business organization from the perspective of Cash Budget Management and Funds Management.
The FM area is taken from the company code when company code assigned to an FM area. Either one or more company codes can be assigned to FM area.
Create FM Area: -
Below process is to create Functional Management Area TFMA (Test FM Area).
Step-1: Enter the transaction code OF01 in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Enter the transaction code SPRO in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Click on SAP Reference IMG.
Expand SAP Customizing implementation guide → Enterprise Structure → Definition → Finance Accounting → Maintain FM Area. Click on Execute.
Step-2: In the next screen, click on New Entries.
Step-3: Enter the below details in the next screen.
- FM Area – Enter the four-digit alphanumeric FM Area Code
- FM Area Text – Enter the FM Area Text Description
- FM Area Currency – Specify the FM Area Currency
Step-4: Once all the details entered, click on Save button to save the details.
Step-5: It prompt for the Change Request. Create/Select the change request and Click on right mark to proceed.
Step-6: Status bar displays the below message once the FM Area created successfully.
Technical Information: -
- Transaction Code: - OF01
- Navigation path: - SPRO → SAP Reference IMG → SAP Customizing implementation guide → Enterprise Structure → Definition → Finance Accounting → Maintain FM Area
- Database Table: - FM01 (Financial Management Areas Table).