In this topic, we described about the Ledger for General Ledger Accounts and Define Ledger for General Ledger Account process along with technical information.
In a real-time scenario, additional ledgers required for general ledger account which are used for parallel accounting. The additional ledgers have different currency, fiscal year variant and posting period variant.
Define Ledger for General Ledger Account: -
Below process is to create ledger AL for the G/L account.
Step-1: Enter the transaction code SM30_V_FAGL_T881 in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Enter the transaction code SPRO in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Click on SAP Reference IMG.
Expand SAP Customizing Implementation Guide → Financial Accounting (New) → Financial Accounting Global Settings (New) → Ledgers → Ledger → Define Ledgers for General Ledger Accounting. Click on Execute.
Step-2: In the next screen, select activity New Entries on the application bar.
Step-3: In the next screen, enter the below details.
- Ld – Specify unique ledger name (2-digit alphanumeric)
- Ledger Name – Specify the description of ledger
- Totals Table – Select the table
- Leading – Left blank for non-leading Ledger
Step-4: Once all the details entered, click on the Save button to save the changes.
Step-5: It opens additional dialog showing the below message. Click on right mark.
Step-6: It prompt for the Change Request. Create/Select the change request and Click on right mark to proceed.
Step-7: Additional dialog opened with the below message once the ledger and ledger group defined successfully.
Step-8: Click on right mark and it displays the below screen.
Technical Information: -
- Transaction Code: - SM30_V_FAGL_T881
- Navigation path: - SPRO → SAP Reference IMG → SAP Customizing Implementation Guide → Financial Accounting (New) → Financial Accounting Global Settings (New) → Ledgers → Ledger → Define Ledgers for General Ledger Accounting