In this topic, we described about the Exchange Rate Types process along with technical information.
Different Exchange rates can be defined for each currency pair. Exchange rate types are used to differentiate between the exchange rates. The different exchange rates are used rates for the following purposes -
The below exchange rate types exist in the SAP system -
- Buying rate (G Type) – Bank buying rate from company (Exports purpose).
- Bank selling rate (B Type) – Bank Selling rate to the company (Imports/Expenditure purpose).
- Average rate (M Type) - This is an average exchange rate.
- Historical exchange rate.
- Key date exchange rate.
Below process is to create Check Exchange Rate Type TERT (Test Exchange Rate Type).
Step-1: Enter the transaction code OB07 in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Enter the transaction code SPRO in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Click on SAP Reference IMG.
Expand SAP NetWeaver → General Settings → Currencies → Check Exchange Rate Types. Click on Execute.
Step-4: In the next screen, select activity New Entries on the application bar.
Step-5: In the next screen, enter the below details.
- ExRt – Specify the Exchange Rate Type (4-digit alphanumeric).
- Usage – Specify the exchange rate type usage.
- Specify Ref.crcy, Buy.rt.at, sell.rt.at, Inv, EMU, Fixed if required.
Step-6: Once all the details entered, click on the Save button to save the changes.
Step-7: It prompt for the Change Request. Create/Select the change request and Click on right mark to proceed.
Step-8: Status bar displays the below message once the exchange rate types configured successfully.
Technical Information: -
- Transaction Code: - OB07
- Navigation path: - SPRO → SAP Reference IMG → SAP NetWeaver → General Settings → Currencies → Check Exchange Rate Types
- Database Table: - TCURV