In this topic, we described about the Opening and Closing Posting periods and Opening and closing periods in posting periods Variant process along with technical information.
Posting periods can be defined in fiscal year variants. Posting periods can be open and close for posting. As many periods as require can be open for posting simultaneously. Normally only the current posting period is open for posting, all other posting periods are closed.
At the end of current posting period, the period is closed and the next posting period is opened.
Opening and closing periods in posting periods Variant: -
Below process is to create opening and closing periods for variant 0001.
Step-1: Enter the transaction code S_ALR_87003642 in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Enter the transaction code SPRO in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Click on SAP Reference IMG.
Expand SAP Customizing Implementation Guide → Financial Accounting → Financial Accounting Global Setting → Document → Posting Periods → Open and Close Posting Periods . Click on Execute.
Step-2: In the next screen, click on New Entries on the application bar.
Step-3: Enter the below details in the next screen.
- Var. → 4-digit Variant code.
- Account Type
- + → Valid for all account type (masking)
- A → Asset
- D → Customers
- K → Vendors
- M → Materials
- S → General Ledger Account
- From Per.1 → Starting Period
- Year → Enter Year
- To Period → Ending Period
- From Period2 → First Special Period
- To Period
- Authorization Group → Enter users group
Step-6: Once all the details entered, click on the Save button to save the changes.
Step-7: It prompt for the Change Request. Create/Select the change request and Click on right mark to proceed.
Step-8: Status bar displays the below message once the changes successfully saved.
Technical Information: -
- Transaction Code: - S_ALR_87003642
- Navigation path: - SPRO → SAP Reference IMG → SAP Customizing Implementation Guide → Financial Accounting → Financial Accounting Global Setting → Document → Posting Periods → Open and Close Posting Periods