In this topic, we described about the Tolerance Group for G/L Account and Define Tolerance Group for G/L Accounts process along with technical information.
Tolerances referred as payment differences. For G/L account clearing, tolerance groups define the limits which differences are accepted and posted to predefined accounts automatically. The defined groups can be assigned in the general ledger account master record.
G/L Tolerance applies to each line item in a document and it takes effect if the tolerance group is created and assigned to the respective G L master record(s).
Define Tolerance Group for G/L Accounts: -
Below process explains about creating tolerance group for G/L accounts in the company code TC01.
Step-1: Enter the transaction code OBA0 in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Enter the transaction code SPRO in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Click on SAP Reference IMG.
Expand SAP Customizing Implementation Guide → Financial Accounting → General Ledger Accounting → Business transactions → Open Item Clearing → Clearing Differences → Define Tolerance groups for G/L Accounts. Click on Execute.
Step-2: In the next screen, click on the New Entries to proceed.
Step-3: In the next screen, Enter the below details.
- Company code – Provide Company code
- Tolerance Group – left it as blank to define tolerance group for all G/L Accounts
- Description - Specify the tolerance group description.
- Debit Posting – Enter the debit posting for tolerance group
- Credit Posting – Enter the credit posting for tolerance group
Step-4: Once all the details look good, click on the Save button to post the document.
Step-5: It prompt for the Change Request. Create/Select the change request and Click on right mark to proceed.
Step-6: Status bar displays the below message once the tolerance group created successfully.
Technical Information: -
- Transaction Code: - OBA0
- Navigation path: - SPRO → SAP Reference IMG → SAP Customizing Implementation Guide → Financial Accounting → General Ledger Accounting → Business transactions → Open Item Clearing → Clearing Differences → Define Tolerance groups for G/L Accounts