In this topic, we described about the below sections -
Field status group: -
Field status group is maintained in GL account. Field status group defines the fields while posting to the GL. In other words, Field status group define a field as optional, suppressed or mandatory.
The respective fields will be displayed are mandatory or suppressed or optional based on field status groups when the postings are made to that GL account.
Field status variant: -
Field status variant is the collection of field status groups. Field status variant enables to define required fields during entry of transactions. Field status Variant is used to define the fields as entry fields and hidden fields used for input to cost center, profit center, plant, etc.
Field status variant is assigned to company code. Field status Variant is a tool to assign same set of properties to one or more object. Field status variant helps users to input only required fields while booking business transactions.
Below is the available field status -
- Suppress − The field is hidden on the screen.
- Optional − The field is available on the screen and can keep it blank or fill it.
- Require − The field is available on the screen and must fill it in all scenarios.
- Display − The field is available on the screen. But it's greyed out and cannot fill anything in here.
Below diagram shows the field status variant and group structure -
Field status variant → Field status group → fields with status
Define Field Status Variant: -
Below process is to define Field Status Variant TEST (Test Field Status Variant) and Field Status Variant Group TSTG (Test Field Status Group).
Step-1: Enter the transaction code OBC4 in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Enter the transaction code SPRO in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Click on SAP Reference IMG.
Expand SAP Customizing Implementation Guide → Financial Accounting → General Ledger Accounting → Business Transactions → G/L Account Posting → Make and Check Document Settings → Define Field Status Variants . Click on Execute.
Step-2: In the next screen, click on Create button on the application bar.
Step-3: Enter the below details.
- Unique Field Status Variant Key
- Description for Field Status Variant
Step-4: Click on Field Status Groups in the Dialog Structure.
Step-5: Enter the below details.
- Field Status Group
Step-6: Click on Field Statusbutton to define the fields.
Step-7: In the next screen, Select the Field Group to maintain the field status.
Step-8: In the next screen, select the Field status of the Group Fields according to the requirement.
Step-9: Once all the details entered, click on the Save button to save the changes.
Step-10: It prompt for the Change Request. Click on tick mark.
Step-11: Status bar displays the below message once the changes successfully saved.
Technical Information: -
- Transaction Code: - OBC4
- Navigation path: - SPRO → SAP Reference IMG → SAP Customizing Implementation Guide → Financial Accounting → General Ledger Accounting → Business Transactions → G/L Account Posting → Make and Check Document Settings → Define Field Status Variants