In this topic, we described about the Tolerance Group for Employees and Define Tolerance Group for employee along with technical information.
Tolerances referred as payment differences. In SAP, tolerance group normally defines to make sure that employee do not exceed their authority while posting financial transactions.
Tolerance groups can be defined globally for every company code or per group of employees. The tolerance groups can be explained as predefined limits in amounts or percentages through which usually receivables might be underpaid or overpaid.
Once the tolerance group defined, employees can determine the following -
- The maximum document amount the employee is authorised to post.
- The maximum amount the employee can enter as a line item in a vendor/customer account.
- The maximum cash discount percentage the employee can grant in a line item.
- The maximum acceptable tolerances for payment differences for the employee.
Define Tolerance Group for employee: -
Below process explains about creating tolerance group for employees.
Step-1: Enter the transaction code OBA4 in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Enter the transaction code SPRO in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Click on SAP Reference IMG.
Expand SAP Customizing Implementation Guide → Financial Accounting → General Ledger Accounting → Business transactions → Open Item Clearing → Clearing Differences → Define Tolerance groups for Employees. Click on Execute.
Step-2: In the next screen, click on the New Entries to proceed.
Step-3: In the next screen, Enter the below details.
- Tolerance Group – left it as blank to define tolerance group for employee
- Company Code – Select the company code from the list
- Amount per Document - Specify the maximum amount allowed for document
- Amount per Open Item account item – Specify the maximum amount per line item
- Cash discount per line item – Specify the maximum allowed cash discount
- Permitted Payment Differences – Left it as blank for tolerance group of employees
Step-4: Once all the details look good, click on the Save button to post the document.
Step-5: It prompt for the Change Request. Create/Select the change request and Click on right mark to proceed.
Step-5: Status bar displays the below message once the tolerance group for employee created successfully.
Technical Information: -
- Transaction Code: - OBA4
- Navigation path: - SPRO → SAP Reference IMG → SAP Customizing Implementation Guide → Financial Accounting → General Ledger Accounting → Business transactions → Open Item Clearing → Clearing Differences → Define Tolerance groups for Employees