In this topic, we described about the below sections -
A credit control area is an organizational unit used for specifying and controlling customer credit limits. A credit control area can include either one or more company codes.
A company code can't possible to divide into several credit control areas. The credit control area is used for credit management in Accounts Receivable (FI-AR) and Sales and Distribution (SD).
A credit control area can be defined according to the areas of responsibility for credit monitoring. Each company code corresponds to one credit control area. It is recommended to use the same key for the credit control area as for the company code.
Create Credit Control Area: -
Below process is to create Credit Control Area TCCA (Test Credit Control Area).
Step-1: Enter the transaction code OB45 in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Enter the transaction code SPRO in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Click on SAP Reference IMG.
Expand SAP Customizing implementation guide → Enterprise Structure → Definition → Finance Accounting → Define Credit Control Area. Click on Execute.
Step-2: In the next screen, click on New Entries.
Step-3: Enter the below details in the next screen.
- Cred.control.area – Specify 4-digit alphanumeric credit control area key
- Currency – Specify the credit control area currency
- Update – Update short Description
- FY Variant – Specify fiscal year variant
- Risk Category – Specify and assign the risk category to credit control area
- Credit limit – Specify the credit limits for customers
- Rep.Group – Specify the credit representative group
- Organizational Data – Select if choose all company code options.
Step-4: Once all the details entered, click on Save button to save the details.
Step-5: It prompt for the Change Request. Create/Select the change request and Click on right mark to proceed.
Step-6: Status bar displays the below message once the credit control area created successfully.
Technical Information: -
- Transaction Code: - OB45
- Navigation path: - SPRO → SAP Reference IMG → SAP Customizing implementation guide → Enterprise Structure → Definition → Finance Accounting → Define Credit Control Area
- Database Table: - T014 (Credit Control Area Table), T014T (Credit Control Area Names Table)