In this topic, we described about the below sections -
Fiscal year is a period of twelve months for a company. The company can regularly creates financial statements and checks inventories in the fiscal year. The fiscal year in SAP is defined as a Fiscal Year Variant. Fiscal year variant contains the number of posting periods and number of special periods in a fiscal year.
A fiscal year is divided into posting periods and each posting period is defined by a start and a finish date. Before posting documents, posting periods should be defined which in turn define the fiscal year.
In addition to the posting periods, special periods can be defined for year-end closing. Fiscal year can be defined as fiscal year variants which then assign to company code. One fiscal year variant can be used by several company codes.
Define Fiscal Year Variant: -
Below process is to create Fiscal Year Variant TC (Test Fiscal Year Variant).
Step-1: Enter the transaction code OB29 in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Enter the transaction code SPRO in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Click on SAP Reference IMG.
Expand SAP Customizing Implementation Guide → Financial Accounting → Financial Accounting Global Settings → Fiscal Years → Maintain Fiscal Year Variant (Maintain Shortened Fiscal Year) . Click on Execute.
Step-2: In the next screen, select activity New Entries on the application bar.
Step-3: In the next screen, Enter the below details.
- Two-digit unique fiscal year variant key
- Description for Variant created
- Year-dependent - use for shortened fiscal year.
- Calendar year - Use this when the fiscal year is Jan - Dec.
- Number of posting periods for this fiscal year
- Number of special posting periods for this Fiscal year
Step-4: Once all the details entered, click on the Save button to save the changes.
Step-5: It prompt for the Change Request. Create/Select the change request and Click on right mark to proceed.
Step-6: Status bar displays the below message once the fiscal year variant created successfully.
Technical Information: -
- Transaction Code: - OB29
- Navigation path: - SPRO → SAP Reference IMG → SAP Customizing Implementation Guide → Financial Accounting → Financial Accounting Global Settings → Fiscal Years → Maintain Fiscal Year Variant (Maintain Shortened Fiscal Year)