In this topic, we described about the below sections -
Asset classes are the most important means of structuring fixed assets.An unlimited number of asset classes can be defined in the system. Asset classes uses to structure the assets according to the requirements of the enterprise company.
Asset classes applies in all company codes. The asset class catalogue is relevant in all company codes in a client. The company codes can have different charts of depreciation and different depreciation areas.
Asset Class Structure: -
An asset class consists of three main sections -
- A header section -- with the control parameters for master data maintenance and account determination
- A master data section -- with default values for the administrative data in the asset master record
- A valuation section -- with control parameters for valuation and default depreciation terms for each depreciation area
Create New Asset Classes: -
Below process is to create new asset class.
Step-1: Enter the transaction code OAOA in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Enter the transaction code SPRO in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Click on SAP Reference IMG.
Expand SAP Customizing Implementation Guide → Financial Accounting → Asset Accounting → Organizational Structure → Asset Classes → Define Asset Classes. Click on Execute.
Step-2: In the next screen, click on New Entries.
Step-3: Enter the below details.
- Asset class
- Short Text
- Asset Type section
- Number Range from number assignment
- Select include asset under inventory data
- select Asset under construction
Step-4: Once all the details entered, click on Save button to save the details.
Step-5: It prompt for the Change Request. Create/Select the change request and Click on right mark to proceed.
Step-6: Status bar displays the below message once the asset class created successfully.
Technical Information: -
- Transaction Code: - OAOA
- Navigation path: - SPRO → SAP Reference IMG → SAP Customizing Implementation Guide → Financial Accounting → Asset Accounting → Organizational Structure → Asset Classes → Define Asset Classes
- Database Table: - ANKA, ANKT, T095A, T082A, T095T, T082H