In this topic, we described about the Create Credit Memo process along with technical information.
Credit memo is a transaction that reduces Amounts Receivable from a customer. Credit memo request is a sales document used in complaints processing for a customer. If the price calculated for the customer is too high, credit memo request can be created.
The credit memo request is blocked from being billed in Customizing or to verify and once the request is approved, the block can be removed. Credit memo is like a standard order and the system uses the credit memo request to create a credit memo. The request for a credit memo can then be approved or rejected.
Below process is to create a credit memo request for the sales order 13930 -
Step-1: Enter the transaction code VA01 in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Navigate to SAP Menu → Logistics → Sales and Distribution → Sales → Order → VA01 - Create
Step-2: Enter the below details and Click on Create with Reference button.
- Order Type - Select the Credit Memo request (CR) from the list
- Sales Organization - Select the sales organization
- Distribution Channel - Select the distribution channel in the Sales Organization
- Division - Select the division from the list
- Sales Office - Select the sales office from the list
- Sales Group - Select the sales group from the list
Step-3: New dialog gets opened. Enter the below details in the Order tab and click Copy button.
- Order - Specify the sales order number which already created in the order tab
Step-4: In the next screen, Enter the below details and click on Enter.
- PO Number - Specify Purchase Order number if any
- Billing Block - Select the reason to create the debit memo request
- Order Reason - Select the order reason from the list
- Billing Date - Specify the billing date for credit memo
- Order Quantity - Specify the products quantity
Step-5: Once all the details entered, click on Save button to save the details.
Step-6: Status bar displays the below message once the credit memo request created successfully.
Technical details: -
- Transaction: VA01
- Menu Path: SAP Menu → Logistics → Sales and Distribution → Sales → Order → VA01 - Create