In this topic, we described about the Create Return Request process along with technical information.
In some cases, customers are not satisfied with the product or deliverable and there is a need to return the product to the company. So, the business need to create the return request based on the customer request.
Return order needs be created with reference to sales order or billing documents. Sales Department can create return order by T-code VA01.
Below process is to create return request for the sales order 13962 –
Step-1: Enter the transaction code VA01 in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Navigate to SAP Menu → Logistics → Sales and Distribution → Sales → Order → VA01 - Create
Step-2: Enter the below details and Click on Create with Reference button.
- Order Type - Select the sales order type as Returns (RE) from the list
- Sales Organization - Select the sales organization
- Distribution Channel - Select the distribution channel in the Sales Organization
- Division - Select the division from the list
- Sales Office - Select the sales office from the list
- Sales Group - Select the sales group from the list
Step-3: New dialog gets opened. Enter the below details in Order tab and click Copy button.
- Order - Specify the order number which already created
Step-4: In the next screen, Enter the below details and click on Enter.
- PO Number - Specify Purchase Order number if any
- Req.deliv.date - Specify the required delivery date
- Order Reason - Enter the return order reason
- Order Quantity - Specify/change the products quantity if required
Step-5: Once all the details entered, click on Save button to save the details.
Step-6: Status bar displays the below message once the sales order created successfully.
Technical details: -
- Transaction: VA01
- Menu Path: SAP Menu → Logistics → Sales and Distribution → Sales → Order → VA01 - Create