In this topic, we described about the Create Material Master Data process along with technical information.
Material Department creates the material master data in SAP SD system. Once the material master created, it must extend the sales views for the sales related material. In some cases, while creating material master itself, it extends to sales views.
Create Material Master Data: -
Below procedure is used to manually create material master for sales view.
Step-1: Enter the transaction code MM01 in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Navigate to SAP Menu → Logistics → Materials Management → Material Master → Material → Create (General) → MM01 – Immediately
Step-2: Select the Industry sector, Material Typefrom the list and Click on Select View(s).
Step-3: It opens a new dialog box. Select the Basic Data 1, Sales: Sales Org. Data 1 and click on Right mark to proceed.
Step-4: New dialog gets opened. Enter the below details.
- Plant -– Select the plant from the list
- Sales Org. - Select the sales organization from the list
- Distr. Channel - Select the distribution channel from the list
Step-5: New screen gets opened. Click on Basic Data 1 tab and enter the below details.
- Material Description -– Specify the material description
- Base unit measure - Select the base unit to measure the material from the list
- Division - Select the division in which material is creating from the list
- Material Group - Select the material group to which it categorized from the list
Step-6: Click on Sales: Sales Org. 1 tab and enter the below details.
- Base Unit of Measure -– Specify the base unit of measure for sales
- Material Group - Select the material group for sales from the list
Step-7: Click on Sales General/Plant tab and enter the below details.
- Transporter Group -– Select the Material transporting group from the list
- Loading Group - Select the material loading group from the list
Step-8: Once all the details entered, click on Save button to save the details.
Step-9: Status bar displays the below message once the material master created successfully.
Technical details: -
- Transaction: MM01
- Menu Path: SAP Menu → Logistics → Materials Management → Material Master → Material → Create (General) → MM01 – Immediately