In this topic, we described about the Define Sales Organization process along with technical information.
Sales Organization is the top most organizational unit in sales and distribution module. Sales Organization is responsible for all the activities or services that happen in the Client or Company. Sales Organization used to distribute products and services.
Sales Organization can be used as selection criteria for listing of sales document as well as for creating delivery and billing worklist. User can define different output types for sales and billing document for each Sales Organization.
Sales Organization can assign to only one Company code where the company code can have multiple Sales Organizations assigned. Sales Organization can be assigned to one or more plant and Multiple Sales Organizations can be assigned to one plant.
Define Sales Organization: -
Below process is to define Sales Organization TCS1 (TC Sales Organization).
Step-1: Enter the transaction code OVX5 in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Enter the transaction code SPRO in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Click on SAP Reference IMG.
Expand SAP Customizing Implementation Guide → Enterprise Structure → Definition → Sales and Distribution → Define, copy, delete, check sales organization . Click on Execute.
New dialog box opens. Double click on Define Sales Organization
Step-2: Click on New Entries to proceed further.
Step-3: Enter the below details and click on Address Icon.
- Sales Organization - Enter Unique four-digit(alphanumeric) sales Organization code and description.
- Detail Information - Specify the currency, address text, letter header text, footer header text, Sales.org calendar, etc.
- ALE: Data for purchase order - Specify the details like purchase organization, purchasing group, plant, storage location, etc.
Step-4: In the next screen, update the Sales Organization Address details and click on Enter.
Step-5: Once all the details entered, click on Save button to save the details.
Step-6: It prompt for the Change Request. Create/Select the change request and Click on right mark to proceed.
Step-7: Status bar displays the below message once the Sales organization created successfully.
Technical details: -
- Transaction: OVX5
- Menu Path: SPRO → SAP Reference IMG → SAP Customizing Implementation Guide → Enterprise Structure → Definition → Sales and Distribution → Define, copy, delete, check sales organization
- Database Table: TVKO, TVKVT