In this topic, we described about the Create Material Stock process along with technical information.
Material opening balance is required to make available the material for selling to the customer. So, the available material stock needs to be updated as opening balance.
There are two ways to create the Material stock.
- MB1C - Other Goods Receipts
- MIGO – Issue/Transfer/Receipt of Material
Create Material Stock: -
Below process is to create the material stock –
Step-1: Enter the transaction code MB1C in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Step-2: Enter the below details and click on Enter.
- Movement Type - Select the movement type from the list.
- Plant - Select the plant from the list.
- Storage Location - Specify the storage location from the list.
Step-3: Enter the below details and click on Enter.
- Material code - Enter the material code which you want to make as opening balance.
- Quantity - Select the quantity of the material.
Step-4: Once all the details entered, click on Save button to save the details.
Step-5: Status bar displays the below message once the material stock posted successfully.
Technical details: -
- Transaction: MB1C
- Menu Path: n/a