In this topic, we described about the Maintain Credit Limits for Customers process along with technical information.
Every customer has a limit to purchases the products from the company in case of credit purchases. Customer can’t buy any products beyond the credit limit. If the customer needs to buy more products and is approved, then the customer credit limit needs to be increased.
Below process is to increase the customer credit limit by 20000 –
Step-1: Enter the transaction code FD32 in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Expand SAP Menu → Logistics → Sales and Distribution → Credit Management → Master Data → FD32 - Change . Click on Execute.
Step-2: Enter the below details and click on Enter.
- Customer - Enter customer number
- Credit Control Area - Enter the credit control area key
- Check all the options Overview, Address, Central Data, Status and payment history
Step-3: Customer Credit Management screen get opened. Enter the below details and click on Enter.
- Credit Limit - Enter the credit limit for customers
- Risk Category - Specify the risk category for the customer
- Last Inv. Review - Specify the customer credit units last reviewed date
- Next Inv.Review - Specify the customer credits going to review date
Step-4: Navigate to Payment History screen and verify the customer payment history.
Step-5: Navigate to Credit Management Change: Central Data screen and enter the below details.
- Total Amount - Specify the overall credit limit of the customer from credit control area.
- Individual Limit - Specify the maximum credit limit of the customer from credit control area.
Step-4: Once all the details entered, click on the Save button to save the changes.
Step-5: Status bar displays the below message once the customer limit maintained successfully.
Technical details: -
- Transaction: FD32
- Menu Path: SAP Menu → Logistics → Sales and Distribution → Credit Management → Master Data → FD32 - Change