In this topic, we described about the Assign item categories or Item Category determination process along with technical information.
Item category controls the item behaviour. The item category determination in the sales document depends on the sales document type and the material. Item Category Determination is done by T-code – VOV4. Assigning item category also refer as item category determination.
Below process is to item category determination for item category YTAN –
Step-1: Enter the transaction code VOV4 in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Enter the transaction code SPRO in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Click on SAP Reference IMG.
Expand SAP Customizing implementation guide → Sales and Distribution → Sales → Sales Documents → Sales Documents Item → Assign Item Categories. Click on Execute.
Step-2: In the next screen, click on New Entries button.
Step-3: Enter the below details and click on Enter.
- Sales Doc. Type - Select the sales document type from the list
- Item Cat.Group - Specify the item category group
- Item Category - Select the Item category from the list
- Update all relevant fields according to the requirement
Step-4: Once all the details entered, click on the Save button to save the changes.
Step-5: It prompt for the Change Request. Create/Select the change request and Click on right mark to proceed.
Step-6: Status bar displays the below message once the item categories assigned successfully.
Technical details: -
- Transaction: VOV4
- Menu Path: SPRO → SAP Reference IMG → SAP Customizing implementation guide → Sales and Distribution → Sales → Sales Documents → Sales Documents Items → Assign Item Categories