In this topic, we described about the Create Debit Memo process along with technical information.
Debit memo is a transaction that reduces Amounts Payable to a vendor. Debit memo request is a sales document used in complaints processing for a customer. If the prices calculated for the customer were too low, debit memo request can be created.
The debit memo request can be blocked from being billed or to verify/review and once it is approved, the block can be removed. Debit memo is like a standard order and the system uses the debit memo request to create a debit memo. The request for a debit memo can then be approved or rejected.
Below process is to create a debit memo request for the sales order 13930 -
Step-1: Enter the transaction code VA01 in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Navigate to SAP Menu → Logistics → Sales and Distribution → Sales → Order → VA01 - Create
Step-2: Enter the below details and Click on Create with Reference button.
- Order Type - Select the Debit Memo request (DR) from the list
- Sales Organization - Select the sales organization
- Distribution Channel - Select the distribution channel in the Sales Organization
- Division - Select the division from the list
- Sales Office - Select the sales office from the list
- Sales Group - Select the sales group from the list
Step-3: New dialog gets opened. Enter the below details in the Order tab and click Copy button.
- Order - Specify the sales order number which already created in the order tab .
Step-4: In the next screen, Enter the below details and click on Enter.
- PO Number - Specify Purchase Order number if any
- Billing Block - Select the reason to create the debit memo request
- Order Reason - Select the order reason from the list
- Billing Date - Specify the billing date for debit memo
- Order Quantity - Specify the products quantity
Step-5: Once all the details entered, click on Save button to save the details.
Step-6: Status bar displays the below message once the debit memo request created successfully.
Technical details: -
- Transaction: VA01
- Menu Path: SAP Menu → Logistics → Sales and Distribution → Sales → Order → VA01 - Create