In this topic, we described about the Create inquiry process along with technical information.
An inquiry is a customer’s request to a company for information or quotation about their products or services without require purchasing. An inquiry records the information about the request from the customer prospective. An inquiry is an internal document.
An inquiry mainly collects the information about the type of the materials, price and quantity. If the customer places an order, these details can be used to fasten the process. The inquiry is maintained in the system. The quotation is created to address the customer inquiry.
T-code for Inquiries are -
- VA11 - Create Inquiry
- VA12 - Change Inquiry
- VA13 - Display Inquiry
Below process is to create the inquiry in the SAP system –
Step-1: Enter the transaction code VA11 in the SAP command field and click Enter to continue.
Navigate to SAP Menu → Logistics → Sales and Distribution → Sales → Inquiry → VA11 - Create.
Step-2: Specify the below details and Click on Sales Overview button.
- Inquiry Type - Select the inquiry type from the list
- Sales Organization - Select the sales organization
- Distribution Channel - Select the distribution channel in the Sales Organization
- Division - Select the division from the list
- Sales Office - Select the sales office from the list
- Sales Group - Select the sales group from the list
Step-3: New window gets opened. Specify the below details and click Enter.
- Sold-To Party - Specify the customer number who came inquiry
- Ship-To Party - Specify the customer number to whom items to be shipped
Step-4: Specify the below details and click Enter.
- Payment terms - Select the appropriate payment terms from the list
- Incoterms - Select the incoterms from the list and specify the delivering city
Step-5: Specify the below details and click on Enter.
- Material - Specify the Material number which customer came for enquiry
Step-6: Specify the below details and click on Enter.
- Order Quantity - Specify the Material order quantity
- Amount - Specify the Amount if required
- Gross Weight - Specify the gross weight if required
Step-7: Once all the details entered, click on Save button to save the details.
Step-8: Status bar displays the below message once the inquiry created successfully.
Technical details: -
- Transaction: VA11
- Menu Path: SAP Menu → Logistics → Sales and Distribution → Sales → Inquiry → VA11 - Create